Designing the Right Deck for You – Risk Free!
Not getting the answers you were hoping to find from free estimates? If you’re looking for more insight than just price per square foot, our no-risk, in-depth custom design consultations were made for you.
During a custom design consultation, we start by visiting your property to learn your needs and wants. Then, in person or virtually, you have the undivided attention of someone with 20 years of experience designing and building decks here in Loudoun County. Together we develop a custom deck design that is tailored to your specific needs.
When the consultation is complete, if you do not feel it was worth the cost of the deposit, we will refund your money. This is what makes our consultation “no risk.” The experience is so valuable to our customers, we recommend a design consultation even if you plan to hire someone else to build the deck.
Who would benefit from a custom design consultation?
A custom design consultation is beneficial when your deck is going to be more than a typical rectangle. Similar to meeting with an architect before you build a home, meeting with a deck designer is an important step to make sure you’re getting the right deck for you and your home.
If there is something complicated about your property, the plans, or if you just have a lot of questions that you feel like you can’t get answered elsewhere, the design consultation will help you get those answers. We’ve found that after homeowners complete a design consultation, they feel more confident they are making the right decision with their deck project, and if they don’t, we refund them their deposit.
What are some common situations that benefit from a custom design consultation?
- Screened porches
- Large custom decks
- Multi-tiered or multi-leveled decks
- Adding an addition to a current deck
- Coordinating your deck design with a landscaping or patio project
- Decks under or around hot tubs and pools
- Building on properties with a steep slope, propane tanks, septic fields, or other obstructions
- Using a rain catch or underdeck system to make the space under the deck more usable
- Planning to add future additions to the deck you’re building now
- Inspecting for rot or insect damage in your existing deck
- Designing with specific furniture or accessories in mind
- Your current deck is hard to use, but you don’t know why
How does it differ from a free estimate I can get from other companies?
While we also provide free standard estimates that are comparable with the free estimates you find elsewhere, with a custom design consultation, you pre-pay a $500 deposit towards the final project. This pre-paid deposit covers the cost of our lead designer’s time. This additional time makes it possible to take you step-by-step through all of your possible design options and to weigh the pros and cons of each one without any pressure.
What is included in the custom design consultation?
- How you plan to use the deck
- The size and shape of the deck you are planning to build
- The furniture and finishes you plan to use after the deck is built
- Which materials and options are best for your situation and preferences
- How to get the most out of your budget
- All the questions you may have about your options
Once we fully understand what you are looking for, we custom design a deck together to accomplish your goals. First, we make suggestions and consult with you based on experience. We then present the design in a 3D layout that allows you to see how the deck will look and function before you settle on a price or layout. You will get the building plans, which will include a top view, front view, and 3D view, as well as our recommended brands of materials. For the price of the deposit, the designs and plans are yours to keep, whether you choose to build with us or not.
What do you mean by “no risk to the homeowner?”
We’ve found that some homeowners that would benefit from the custom design consultation are reluctant to pre-pay for the design and plans for their deck. For this reason, we’ve taken 4 steps to take the pressure off the price and make it a no-risk decision for any homeowner.
- The pre-paid design deposit is automatically applied to the purchase price of the deck we design for you.
- When we talk, if we determine you don’t need a full custom design, we revert to a free standard estimate at no cost to you.
- If you love our design but want someone else to build it, your deposit covers all the plans developed for your project, including the framing view, front view, top view, 3D design, and our recommended brands of materials.
- Finally, if you didn’t find any value in the consultation and don’t want the designs, let us know and we will refund the design deposit.
No Pressure from Us
One of the biggest benefits of our design consultations is that the pre-paid deposit takes the pressure off of the appointment. We don’t feel the need to watch the clock, press you for a sale, or include expensive upgrades to make up our time investment. Instead, our full focus is on designing the best possible deck or porch that balances 1) how you plan to use your deck or porch, 2) your budget, and 3) the constraints of your property.
As a result, you get a clear, in-depth assessment and fully developed deck plans. For most people, the conversation alone is worth the deposit, because they get an honest opinion from someone who has the experience of doing this for 20 years.
Still have questions?
Every deck project could benefit from a custom design consultation. If you have any questions about our standard estimate or our custom design consultation, please contact us at info@LoudounDeckandFence.com or call our office at 703-737-7010.